Re: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria

2005-10-22 10:33:04
Hi Dave,

While I see your point, and certainly agree in some degree, I also think
that any of the measures to look into who are "primary contributors" will
turn to be unfair and subjective.

In a so big community this kind of measurement will never work well, unless
everyone has the right to speak up for the venue selection, which will turn
to be absolutely impractical.

Just one example from your own one, not to be taken as any personal issue.
Why you have been queried for a schedule conflict (by the way "secretly")
while others have not had the opportunity for that (including myself) ?.
Clearly is not fair and is not consensus based, good or not, it may turn in
being the only realistic way and always could mean people being limited to
attend for this. How you know if there is much more people not being able to
attend because those who had been surveyed are able to attend and how you
measure how many of them are "more" primary contributors ?

Regards,
Jordi