Re: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-06 07:01:07
On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, Anthony G. Atkielski wrote:

shogunx writes:

Proprietary formats have no place in the IETF.  The internet belongs to
everyone, not Microsoft.

Proprietary formats don't come exclusively from Microsoft,

No, but they come with more abundence from them.  I remember unisys and
the gif debacle, among others.

and a lot
of public formats start as proprietary formats.

Some do eventually see the error in their ways.

Even many public
formats are actually proprietary, even if they are available freely
for use in most cases.

Like pdf, I understand all of that.  That does not mean we should
encourage their use.

Scott

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/