Re: Faux Pas -- web publication in proprietary formats at ietf.org

2005-11-06 13:09:51
On Sun, 6 Nov 2005, JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

At 03:18 06/11/2005, shogunx wrote:
Proprietary formats have no place in the IETF.  The internet belongs
to everyone, not Microsoft.

Dear Scott,
I am sorry: ask Frank. RFC 3066 bis imposes the Unicode (IBM/MS/...)
CLDR format. And excludes the IETF RFC 4151 format. You can use open
HTML but will have to use langtag closed limited format.

Actually, I don't HAVE to use anything.  I can use crusty old open VRML
and have text floating around as geometry all over the place.

How about everything UTF-8 then converted to hexidecimal?  That should be
pretty universal;)

Same kind of
considerations as Words, but more dangerous for the reader as it
provides a nice meta-spam vehicle for cultural, racial, religious
profiling and privacy violation.

Yep.

A kind of problem a societal consideration part should address in an
Internet document.
jfc

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/