Re: Vancouver schedule

2005-11-10 11:54:05
Pete Resnick wrote:
On 11/9/05 at 11:40 PM -0800, Aaron Falk wrote:

Am I the only one dissatisfied with the meeting schedule? I find that the run of meetings from 1300 to 1930 is just too long, especially the four hour period from 1300 - 1710. I would strongly prefer our 'traditional' schedule over the current one.

I think the problem with this schedule (as against Paris) is that lunch is at the old early time (1130-1300), but dinner is at the new later time. I *much* prefer the Paris schedule , with lunch later *and* dinner later, to either the current schedule or the old one. If they had reasonable refreshments earlier in the afternoon, I could live with this schedule.

I should clarify that the reason we had to move the lunch earlier than
in Paris was to restore a feature of the traditional schedule. Namely,
having adjacent 1 hour slots that Marcia can re-combine into 2 hour
slots if needed. She didn't have that flexibility in Paris and it caused
significant scheduling problems.

We fully agree about the need for fuel during the long afternoon.

We still need to decide what the best schedule is for Dallas.

   Brian