Re: I-D file formats and internationalization

2005-11-30 09:34:18

Robert,

This is a good point. It even applies to the IETF secretariat. It used to
be impossible to register with your "real name" if it contained non-ASCII
characters. I think that has changed, I recall having Seen Olafur
Gudmundson's badge with the real Icelandic "curly d" (or whatever it is
called in English) at a recent meeting. I have not seen Japanese or
Chinese or Korean, which I guess would be the next logical step...

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Academic Research and Technology Initiatives, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj