Re: Internationalization by ASCII art (was Re: I-D file formats and internationalization)

2005-11-30 21:52:49
On 11/30/05, Masataka Ohta
<mohta(_at_)necom830(_dot_)hpcl(_dot_)titech(_dot_)ac(_dot_)jp> wrote:
Robert Sayre wrote:

Unicode support is a different matter. I find the current IETF policy
to be incredibly bigoted. Many RFCs and I-Ds are currently forced to
misspell the names of authors and contributors, which doesn't seem
like correct attribution to me.

It is your stupidity that you can't recognize peoples' names correctly
represented in ASCII.

Well, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Google is even
duller than I am. Anyway, I'm wondering what all the command line
whinging is about, since I came home from work and tried some command
line tools on <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs/examples/quickbrown.txt>.
I tried cat, vi/vim, more/less, and pico/nano on Ubuntu Linux 5.10.

--

Robert Sayre