Re: I-D file formats and internationalization

2005-11-30 11:07:32
It was sad that people can accept this.
To degrade  the name of their friends.
In every country this is insulting.

It is good news you can type better.
But this has not changed in RFC.
If in the "thanks" section you hurt a name.
The "thanked" person, will not be happy.

Eduardo Mendez

2005/11/30, Ole Jacobsen <ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>:

Robert,

This is a good point. It even applies to the IETF secretariat. It used to
be impossible to register with your "real name" if it contained non-ASCII
characters. I think that has changed, I recall having Seen Olafur
Gudmundson's badge with the real Icelandic "curly d" (or whatever it is
called in English) at a recent meeting. I have not seen Japanese or
Chinese or Korean, which I guess would be the next logical step...

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Academic Research and Technology Initiatives, Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj