Re: Examples of translated RFCs

2005-12-06 14:08:28
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

I apologise if hurt your Japanese interest,

There is no need of apologize.

May be will you want to consider the IANA request: "If you are a host,
or are aware of an RFC foreign language site, please send us e-mail with
the appropriate URLs."? This would avoid this kind of mistake in the
future. And may be help a complete directory of the translated documents.

I have forwarded it to local ML. But, is it really IANA and not rfc-editor?

PS. If everyone has the same need and solution, at the end of the day we
need ISO 10646.

In most cases, all you need is local variants of ISO 646.

In Japan, we also need a multibyte character set and clever ways to
combine ISO 646 and multibyte characters. Many days have passed since
we got them and we are still using them.

What permits us to scale and print every where?.

Then, ISO 2022 is a lot more than enough.

On the other hand, with ISO 10646, I can't print Japanese characters
in China.

                                                Masataka Ohta