Re: off-topic?

2005-12-07 15:24:07
At 13:22 07/12/2005, Frank Ellermann wrote:
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:
> He discusses an IETF langtag issue.

Not that I'm aware of.

Why not to ask him?

3066bis language tags allow scripts like Hani, maybe this even helps for his purposes.

Subjective affirmations mared the language area. Now IETF assumes responsability, more documentation by local experts is advisable?

> I fully agree the IETF does not count the expertise and
> cross-expertise, and most probably the interest, necessary
> to seriously discuss IETF langtags.

So you still agree with yourself that Harald, Martin, Mark, Addison, Ned, and others are no experts wrt language tags.

I am no expert. I am a user calling for an expertise I can trust and rely upon. I did not find it yet. I only found a Unicode organized party defending a structured unilateral proposition partly addressing the sole case they are interested in. And deliberately refusing to even consider my other user's needs and relations with their competition.

> the appeal now in limbo
For now it's rejected, http://ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/?C=M&O=D

Get your facts together. You confuse cases. The denial of appeal Brian Carpenter just announced confirms my point above. It confirms that "the problem is the user". I did not want to "win", but to obtain the clarification detailed in the text you can now read.

The consequences are substantial for the future of the Internet. So, I will appeal to the IAB to get a final guidance. If it is confirmed I will be sure I can carry our initial plans without being accused of creating a new "alt-root" situation over an "alt-IANA" language registry.

jfc