IAB appeal (was: off-topic?)

2005-12-08 09:03:26
JFC (Jefsey) Morfin wrote:

He discusses an IETF langtag issue.
Not that I'm aware of.
Why not to ask him?

Good idea, what did he answer when you asked him before you
claimed that "he discusses an IETF langtag" issue ?

What I read here was his known position that using the same
codepoints for Kanji and other scripts in Unicode is wrong.

the appeal now in limbo
For now it's rejected, http://ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/?C=M&O=D
Get your facts together.

No problem, they announced it 11-15, and decided it at the
begin of 64th IETF meeting, now more than a month ago:

<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.announce/9881>
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.announce/9882>
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ltru/4070>
<http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.ltru/4047>
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_comment&id=41630>

You confuse cases.

Your various RfC 3934 cases and appeals are rather boring from
my POV, your RfC 3912 case is not yet "last called".

The denial of appeal Brian Carpenter just announced

s/just/11-15/  I watch their "appeals" directory almost daily
(for procedural reasons unrelated to you and language tags).

I did not want to "win", but to obtain the clarification
detailed in the text you can now read.
s/now/11-15/

I will appeal to the IAB to get a final guidance.

Bookmark <http://www.iab.org/appeals/>.  Bye, Frank