Re: A plug for XXE (Re: Alternative formats for IDs)

2006-01-15 09:28:27
Seconded.

I *have* used it for a production run and whilst it is not perfect it
makes document creation and editing significantly easier than typing
'raw' xml even into a syntax-aware text editor.

It is also very helpful for proof reading and commenting (spell checker
provided).

And the standard version is free.. and supported on Windows, Linux and Mac.

I used to use the Word template but the freedom from hassle of generating the final documents, the ease of generating references and support of complex numbered lists (almost impossible to achieve in Word) makes
xxe/xml2rfc my current tool chain of choice and means I am never going back to
Word.

Regards,
Elwyn
(addict)