Re: A plug for XXE (Re: Alternative formats for IDs)

2006-01-15 10:35:20
Seconded.

I *have* used it for a production run and whilst it is not perfect it makes document creation and editing significantly easier than typing 'raw' xml even into a syntax-aware text editor.

It is also very helpful for proof reading and commenting (spell checker provided).

And the standard version is free.. and supported on Windows, Linux and Mac.

I used to use the Word template but the freedom from hassle of generating the final documents, the ease of generating references makes xxe/xml2rfc and support of complex numbered lists (almost impossible to achieve in Word) means I am never going back.

Regards,
Elwyn
(addict)