Re: IETF Last Call under RFC 3683 concerning JFC (Jefsey) Morfin

2006-01-21 02:53:27
Tim Bray writes:

Ban him.  Openness and inclusiveness are virtues, but not absolutes.

They are only virtues when they are absolute.

This ban seems to me an expression of respect for the time and energy
of many dedicated and talented participants here, which are currently
being wasted by JFC; such respect is also a virtue and on balance in
this case, a substantially greater one. -Tim

This entire fiasco tells me that the people nominally participating
in it have a lot of time on their hands and very little to do, and
they choose to waste it bickering like preschoolers on a playground
rather than spend it trying to do the actual work of the IETF.  And of
course they will argue with this, because they don't want to recognize
their own failings.

Instead of seeing a stream of posts from this target of opportunity, I
see multiple streams of posts from people complaining about him.
Sorry, but the "cure" is a lot worse than the "disease."