RE: Meeting Survey Results

2006-01-25 11:21:25
Well, in theory, 802.11a should scale better because of the
shorter range and the additional non-overlapping channels.
Now, I'm not guaranteeing that there won't be other issues we
haven't identified. We haven't had the density on 11a yet to
find the problems we don't know about.  What we do know is that
thus far folks using 11a on IETF networks have been happier than
folks using 11b.

Karen

How much of the benefit of 801.11a is because so few people are using
it?  Would it hold up if everyone switched to it?

Yes, there are more frequencies and less congestion.  Is that enough?