Update: Problems with OrangeWare Mac 802.11a driver solved (was Re: An absolutely fantastic wireless IETF)

2006-03-24 06:59:54
Related to this, an update to my problems with the OrangeWare Mac driver:

After having exchanged a few e-mails with the tech support, they finally figured out that they driver indeed did not work with the card I had. So, eventually, they agreed to swap my DWL-AG660 card against an SMC card. As far as I know, they are now working on the DWL-AG660 (European version) to add support for that. Much of the confusion was caused by that apparently there are least two versions of the DWL-AG660 card, one sold in the US and the other one, sold at least in Finland and probably also elsewhere in the Europe.

Anyway, I have been happy 11a camper here in Dallas, and after these troubles, I am happy user of the OrangeWare driver.

--Pekka Nikander