Re: An absolutely fantastic wireless IETF

2006-03-24 08:53:22
Tim Chown wrote:
On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:35:13PM -0600, Ken Raeburn wrote:
On Mar 23, 2006, at 21:58, Harald Alvestrand wrote:
Just wanted to state what's obvious to all of us by now:

This time the wireless WORKED, and Just Went On Working.

That hasn't happened for a while. THANK YOU!
Mmm... well, my laptop (Mac Powerbook) fell off the b/g network several times, mostly during plenary sessions, but the problems were brief, and I usually had no trouble getting back on. It wasn't perfect, but very much improved over previous meetings.

Same symptoms here, in the 'distant' rooms (Cortez et al) when the
rooms were full my Powerbook would lose association frequently, but
always rejoin when I forced it manually.
I'd love to know what was causing that; I've never seen similar
symptoms before.  My ssh sessions would survive the drops though :)
I don't know whether I was using b or g.

Maybe a Mac thing?

Just another me-too data point about the Mac. It'll be
good to know why that happened. Mine is a 15" Powerbook.

I also brought a Cisco 11a NIC, and used it about 3-4
times w/out any problems.

yushun