Re: Moving from "hosts" to "sponsors"

2006-03-24 09:38:08
On Fri Mar 24 16:20:26 2006, Simon Josefsson wrote:
Henk Uijterwaal <henk(_at_)ripe(_dot_)net> writes:
> That means that there are 50 or so people sitting there doing
> nothing.  While I agree that face-2-face discussions are useful, I
> much rather see the discussion take place in the hallway, then have
> one person report on the outcome.

I think virtual interim meetings may have a similar end result.

Virtual interims are far easier to organize, and therefore could be organized around a specific issue or small set of them, rather than trying to concern themselves with the entire output of a WG (or in the case of some WGs, not only their entire output but the output of two or more other WGs as well).

One would hope that organizing several specific virtual mini-interims would yield just the handful of interested parties making the time to attend, and not yield 50 people staring blankly at laptops. (Or if they do, at least their cost and travel ought to be minimal).

Dave.
--
          You see things; and you say "Why?"
   - George Bernard Shaw