Re: About cookies and refreshments cost and abuse

2006-03-26 03:26:43
Hi Cyrus,

As I tried to explain in my previous email, in a recent event, they didn't
needed extra hotel staff, because they put a box where the meeting
participant drop his ticket in the row where the food is picked up. Then is
quite evident if you abuse, even to the rest of the participants because
you're picking up food several times and only had a ticket the first one.

In any case, its clear that if there is extra cost, it may not make sense
the balance between that extra cost and the food "not-abused".

However, what it is important here for all the participants is that we
realize as soon as possible that, since already at least a couple of years
ago, IETF is in need to try to reduce meetings cost and manage them in a
long-term planning which helps to reduce that cost. All what each
participant can do to help here, is very important.

I know that the new management is taking care of this and paying attention
to all our comments and inputs, and I'm sure they are already doing a good
job. All of us need to understand their decisions and make sure to help them
on whatever we can.

Regards,
Jordi