Re: About cookies and refreshments cost and abuse

2006-03-29 04:02:23
Cookies seem to be a scarce resource, so why not bring your own darn
cookies to the meeting, and you wouldn't have a problem.  Seriously, stop
by a local grocery store, and plop down $3 and buy whatever kind of
cookies make you the most happy.  Aggravation avoided.

That's a very community-based approach.  An alternative that may better fit
our institutional style is to use edible RFID tags in the cookies:

http://www.gizmodo.com/archives/nec-resonantware-tomorrows-future-tomorrow-008958.php

As a valuable extra, these are DRM-enabled.  And, you won't have to worry
about Richard Stahlman showing up at the meeting and scarfing down all
the cookies.

Carl

P.S. My $0.02: I have full faith in the IAOC and IAD resolving this issue
without our help.