Framework document scope (RE: The Emperor Has No Clothes: Is PANA actually useful?)

2006-05-26 15:15:25

I have to disagree.
Firstly, if many of us reading the document can not figure out what
problem it is solving, then the framework is not doing its job.

Framework document discusses deployments. Problem statement and requirements
is what you are looking for (RFC 4058).

Secondly, if there are existing, viable, deployed solutions to the
problem that the WG is attempting to solve then the WG needs to
explain somewhere (the framework document would seem the obvious
place) why there is a need for a new solution.

Again, this is in the scope of the problem statement and requirements.

Alper

I am not claiming that the PANA protocol can't work.  As was said
many years ago "with sufficient thrust, pigs will fly."  But that
does not make flying pigs a good thing.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern