Re: Complexity (was RE: The Emperor Has No Clothes: Is PANA actually useful?)

2006-05-27 10:11:33
Alper Yegin wrote:

We need to discuss these in more details. Before we jump to pruning
features, we need to first identify the source of complexity in the design,
then discuss if it can be simplified (is that feature really needed, are
there alternatives solutions). Only after then we can decide what to do.
There is necessary complexity, and there is unnecessary complexity.

Right. Let me clarify my original statement: It was expressed in
the context of getting reviews and last call comments with
a number of issues. Of course, if you can address those issues
easily you should do that. But if you hit a problem and do not
make progress in resolving an issue, you (= the WG) should
consider whether some functionality associated with it is
needed.

--Jari