Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF? (was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

2006-06-26 10:52:12

On Monday, June 26, 2006 11:24:55 AM -0400 Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Perhaps requirements documents should be more like rationale documents:
"we chose to solve this problem in this way because of this"...

In general we need to discourage the meme "requirements documents".

No, we don't. We just need to discourage the practice of waiting to write such a document until after protocol design is complete, rather than doing it first.

need problem definition documents and design goal documents from the
early phases of the process

Yes, absolutely.  That's what a requirements document is supposed to be.