Re: draft-kolkman-appeal-support

2006-10-16 07:18:42
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
Michael Thomas wrote:
 Can an appeal be rejected with merit?

Sandy gave you the caricature response...

Well, if I wanted to give a technical example that was clear to all readers, I had to pick a technology that all readers were familiar with, right? You use the tools appropiate for the job.

, but the short answer
is yes, if the IESG (or IAB) feels that the technical point in
the appeal is valid, but not serious enough to invalidate the
document. That's really what technical appeals are all about:
someone who believes that a valid technical issue has been
set aside when it shouldn't have been, and wants the IESG
(or IAB) to take another look.

Which, I believe, is what I said. :)

--
Unable to locate coffee.