Re: draft-kolkman-appeal-support

2006-10-13 11:27:01

Keith Moore wrote:
I just don't think that IETF meeting attendance is an appropriate way to decide who is a nutcase and who isn't.

Me too. That'd be a move towards paid membership IMO and as was shown
with the recent NomCom selection, the record keeping involved can
lead to disputes.

If we take this apporach, (and I don't care really), then something
based on ever having written an RFC or an expired WG I-D would be
better; maybe combined with not having been barred from posting to an
(unrelated to the appeal) IETF list in the recent past. The person
could still be a nutcase, but at least they'd be a bona-fide IETF
nutcase:-)

S.