Re: draft-kolkman-appeal-support

2006-10-14 13:52:58
Harald Alvestrand wrote:

9/10 of all drafts are trashed by the quite effective mechanism
of waiting 6 months... no need for dramatic action.....

Depends, that 3710-thingy was quite spicy, and all I know about
"cancels" in the tools.ietf.org archive is that it's possible.

- supporters are distinct human beings

WP:SOCK is okay...

- supporters are willing to offer proof of identity to a
secretariat function of the IETF

...difficult, it reminds me of Usenet CSVs.  What do you have
in mind, a phone number offered for a verification call ?  They
would need to support different plausibility checks wrt WP:SOCK

I might even toss in "has contributed to at least one IETF
mailing list he's subscribed to".

That's simpler.

The important point (to me) would be to shift appealants from
a mode of "I am the lone voice of reason - if I am allowed to
carry my arguments forward in front of a higher body, Truth
and Justice will prevail" to a mode where appealants think
"I need to check with a few other people that I'm right before
progressing - perhaps my arguments are not compelling, or
perhaps I even might be wrong".

It may cause reasonable people who are upset to think twice,

MAY as in "maybe not" ;-)  Maybe it's simpler today if folks
find the "procdoc-roadmap" with some bloody details not covered
by the new Tao.

Frank