Re: Identifying mailing list for discussion (Re: Tracking resolution of DISCUSSes)

2007-01-16 05:54:00
Hi again folks,
 xml2rfc does process the <workgroup>Blah</workgroup> element already.
I assume that this element will be removed/replaced during RFC-ED processing. Thus structured naming of drafts is not needed if the I-D author does his/her job.

What is missing is a mapping from WG to the ML subscribe address.
I would have thought that this could be a fairly fixed table that could
be used by a reasonable hack to xml2rfc. If there is a workgroup element,
the tied ML address could be auto-generated and placed on the next line.

Note that this does not cover those cases where an I-D is associated with
a ML but there is no current WG at that point (e.g. BoF-related drafts).
Text showing the ML would have to be written explicitly into the I-D.
However, any putative ML mapping hack to xml2rfc would cover most I-Ds.

all the best,
  Lawrence