Re: Identifying mailing list for discussion (Re: Tracking resolution of DISCUSSes)

2007-01-15 17:27:53
Hi Folks,
 as a slight counter to that:
I have had feedback in the past from WGs that it is unwise to include the
WG's ML inside a draft intended (eventually) to be an RFC.
The rationale was that the WG (and its ML) will disappear, whilst an RFC is forever.

However, an unprocessed/not updated I-D disappears after 6 months, and
that is a lot shorter than the half life of a WG, so your mileage may vary.

Maybe ML info should be put inside a note to RFC-ED (i.e. remove on approval)
within each draft?

atb,
  Lawrence