Re: Identifying mailing list for discussion (Re: Tracking resolution of DISCUSSes)

2007-01-16 10:34:46

The table of mappings constitutes an on-going administrative challenge. Also as noted, not all I-Ds are tied to working groups.

But every draft should be able to fit into one of the IETF areas; all areas have, as far as I know, area-wide mailing lists. At least for TSV, the list has often been used as a catch-all for things that didn't quite fit elsewhere.

Setting up a mailing list for each personal draft, with unclear 'note well' rules and archiving status, seems counterproductive.

d/

--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking