Re: IESG workload problem (Re: Should I* opinions be afforded a special status? )

2007-06-28 06:12:02

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
Joe Touch wrote:
Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I don't see increasing the areas; I see splitting them down as a
possible way. Leaving an AD at the top level with less work, and having
sub-ADs report to them.
draft-iesg-alvestrand-twolevel, published October 2003, proposed
something of that sort.

Last trace of discussion I could find with Google was the Geneva IESG
retreat in 2005 (?), with the quote:

"We discussed whether there was a need to formalize this into a
two-level delegation system, but concluded that there was no workload
advantage in formally changing the primary role of the Area Directors."

I still don't believe that anything significantly less radical will make
a significant difference to the "IESG workload problem".

Agreed - perhaps 3-level. ;-)

But at the
moment, the IESG/IETF interface doesn't seem to be in "immediate crisis"
mode, so I guess we'll survive another year.

That depends on who you ask; IMO, the dearth of certain communities in
the IESG and IAB has been a continuing cause for concern.

Joe