RE: Our deadlines are dizzyingly complex and confusing

2007-11-26 14:37:58
Looks to me as if the cut off is start of business for the RFC Editor. That
makes sense to me, no matter how much you try to change the cut off you can't
make it any later than the point where the editor needs to start work.

I would not mind seeing the -00 cutoff moving to the same as the cuttoff for
subsequent drafts. At this point we have the automated submission tool and the
rationale for the difference is removed somewhat.

Make the week earlier -00 cutoff apply to manual processing of -00 drafts.

________________________________

From: Spencer Dawkins [mailto:spencer(_at_)mcsr-labs(_dot_)org]
Sent: Mon 26/11/2007 1:33 PM
To: Joel Jaeggli
Cc: IETF Discussion
Subject: Re: Our deadlines are dizzyingly complex and confusing

Spencer Dawkins wrote:
Laksminath's note is more detailed, but it's roughly what I was thinking
at about 2 PM EST today :-(

I'm sure there's an opportunity for us to pick a time zone for IETF 71
cutoffs!

you mean like UTC?

:-)

OK, guilty. My point was that the cutoff time seemed to be "close of
business, ET", and I was kinda hoping that whatever time we picked would be
"close of business, a little further west" :-)

... especially if we were headed toward using the same cutoff TIME for all
IETF cutoffs (BOF requests, WG meeting requests, registration, ID cutoffs,
etc) ...

Thanks,

Spencer

I'd note that all the reference times in this message were in the same
timezone just not at the same time. I submit that I really hate having
to convert the offset from my current timezone in someone else's
particularly when I can't remember when their daylight savings time
begins or ends. however the challenge really is that they're not all in
my calender rather than than that I need to calculate the offset because
software will happily do that for me.

Thanks,

Spencer