Re: ISO 3166 mandatory?

2008-02-20 11:25:26
lconroy wrote:

I guess that the IETF Meeting Registration pages are run by/on
behalf of the IETF, and that's where the mandatory code is required.

Tons of forms want this for obscure purposes, if in doubt I pick UM.

The history of UK vs. GB is explained in RFC 3071 - for unrelated
reasons I read it yesterday again.  Obviously one country should
have one code, and as far as that that code is mnemonic it should
depend on the name of the country.  In theory "united kingdom" can
be less persistent - in various countries that's not only a theory.

 Frank