RE: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

2008-07-18 08:35:11
My response is likely redundant with that of other RAI folks, but I have
a feeling that RAI likely has the highest requirement for additional
meeting slots. And, for us RAI folks, The Friday sessions have never
been considered the least important. Indeed, when both SIP and SIPPING
required 2 sessions each, we were alternating the Friday session for
those groups.

In my mind, these additional Friday sessions are really a must for RAI,
as in the past, we've held adhoc meetings for key topics on these
afternoons and many of us are already in the habit of extending our
stays to include the Friday nite to account for these meetings.  And,
for many folks that have difficulty in getting travel approval for
interim meetings (this issue is getting to be more and more common in my
experience), the additional sessions during IETF week could be really
helpful.

Regards,
Mary Barnes

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-announce-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-announce-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of IETF Chair
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 4:33 PM
To: IETF Announcement list
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; iesg(_at_)iesg(_dot_)org
Subject: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

The IESG is considering an experiment for IETF 73 in Minneapolis, and we
would like community comments before we proceed.  Face-to-face meeting
time is very precious, especially with about 120 IETF WGs competing for
meeting slots.  Several WGs are not able to get as much meeting time as
they need to progress their work.  As an experiment, we are considering
adding two Friday afternoon one-hour meeting slots.
The proposed Friday schedule would be:

   0900-1130 Morning Session I
   1130-1300 Break
   1300-1400 Afternoon Session I
   1415-1515 Afternoon Session II

Please share your thoughts about this proposed experiment.  The proposed
experiment will be discussed on the IETF Didcussion mail list
(ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org).