Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

2008-07-18 13:55:48
Fred Baker wrote:

On Jul 18, 2008, at 7:50 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:

Rather than expanding the number of slots why don't we look at using the time we have more efficiently.

Let me throw in v6ops as an example. We are very efficient, I think - we have 10-15 minute discussions on each of a number of drafts in our time. I would often like to allow a discussion to be longer, for the same reason that we meet f2f in the first place - we'd like to get all the opinions on the table and come to some sense of closure. I am having two meetings in the course of the week and finding myself rushing discussions along.

My recollection is that you do publicize the agenda well in advance, and that's a big improvement over many working groups. Here's the real question, Fred: when you guys go through your meetings, how much could have been done as a VoD? What I mean by that is how much discussion occurs on each particular presentation? This might be something for chairs to measure at Dublin as input into this process.

Eliot