Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

2008-07-18 12:27:45
On 18 jul 2008, at 9:47, Kurt Erik Lindqvist wrote:

so while I sympathize with the need for this, and won't argue against it. I do want to point out that it means that overseas travelers will be 'stuck' for another day (depending on where in the world we are, you can normally make an afternoon overseas flight, but not if we have an afternoon slot). So in order for you to get enough data - I would strongly urge you to also have an afternoon slot in a non-north american meeting location and only afterwards analyze the data.

Actually the connections from Dublin to the rest of Europe aren't so great that it's possible to fly back friday evening for everyone. In my case (Madrid) I'm staying until saturday to attend the RRG session that runs until five.

What might be illuminating is to to a quick poll on the RRG list so we can correlate home region with:

- flying home after RRG on friday
- flying home after leaving RRG early on friday
- flying home saturday after RRG

And then of course the same for the extra sessions on friday in Minneapolis.