Re: Proposed Experiment: More Meeting Time on Friday for IETF 73

2008-07-19 08:09:50
On 19 jul 2008, at 16:04, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

The earliest flight I could find to Washington, DC after 5:00 PM Dublin time is 6:00 AM the next morning.

That's an insane time to fly...

So, a meeting in the US can end at 5:00 PM and people will be able to get flights to Europe that evening,

If the meeting ends at five the earliest flight you could take would be around eight. There may be one or two, but most are (much) earlier.

but for a meeting
in Europe ending at 5:00 PM will generally mean a flight the next morning.

Right. Then again, a quick sampling shows that the majority of the flights are earlier in the day so you wouldn't be able to make them (allowing enough time to get to the airport, check in and go through security) if you leave at 1130.

If for most people staying until 1515 or so means traveling the next day anyway, we may as well make friday a regular working day and have sessions until dinner time...