Re: Proposals to improve the scribe situation

2008-08-04 05:28:15
I don't think the problems were related to the wireless network. My ssh and IMAP session didn't blink, while the plenary jabber room would periodically kick out a large fraction of the participants.

Having formal secretaries seems like a better long-term approach; it also provides recognition to the individuals and, in some cases, a training ground for future WG chairs. Professional organizations, such as IEEE and ACM, often use such "junior" leadership positions in such a fashion.

Henning