Re: Proposals to improve the scribe situation

2008-08-05 04:53:30

--On Tuesday, 05 August, 2008 13:38 +0200 Iljitsch van Beijnum
<iljitsch(_at_)muada(_dot_)com> wrote:

As it is fully IEEE standards compliant and some kind of
industry standard (whatever this means) many people expect to
be able to use it at an IETF standards meeting.

What are the limitations of such a machine?

A year ago I replaced a four-year-old laptop that came with
802.11g built in. I don't think it would be unreasonable to
turn off 802.11b support by now and set the multicast speed to
6 Mbps or more in order to make the 2.4 GHz band more usable.

With the understanding that I don't expect IETF to support
either my 900 MHz RoamAbout hardware or the FHSS card I bought
some years ago specifically for IETF use, please note that the
comment above is yet another way to increase costs to
participants.

   john