Re: Proposals to improve the scribe situation

2008-08-05 06:32:38

Spencer,

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 06:58:44AM -0500, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

We are getting more and more participants from countries that are not among
the richest countries in the world. Those participants are often the
technical elites from their countries, but they aren't always the economic
elites from those same countries.

I am way more concerned about the registration fees, hotel prices and
airline tickets in the context of the cheapest, but nevertheless
modern laptops being available for around $400 and even lower when one
does a bit of an effort to find a good deal.

Eg. even if one buys a laptop just for IETF attendance, it is not
inconceivable that this will cost you $65 per meeting if the laptop
last for just 2 years.

David Kessens
---