Re: Proposals to improve the scribe situation

2008-08-05 07:55:05
Well, I personally would not recommend that $30 investment.
My machine speaks B and G (I don't think it speaks N, although the site monitor can detect that.) I had repeatedly awful connectivity. When rooms were sparse, (i.e. away from Convention 1, 2, &3 or before morning start) things worked great. However, in those main rooms, during sessions, I was lucky to be able to use the net. I could usually get an IP address. But much of the time I could not actually reach anything over the net. No DNS, no responses from anything I could test. It got very tiresome repeatedly re-establishing my network connection so that I would get something that worked.

So I do not think that telling people to use 11g is an answer. And 11a has much to limited use for me to pay extra to have it included in my laptop.

Just what it looks like to me,
Yours,
Joel