Re: Proposals to improve the scribe situation

2008-08-04 15:11:23
Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
I don't think the problems were related to the wireless network. My ssh and IMAP session didn't blink, while the plenary jabber room would periodically kick out a large fraction of the participants.

There's potentiallly an interesting logical fallacy expressed here, as wireless quality and tcp reset related events are probably not unrelated.

From the perspective of the panopticon that the centrally managed wireless controller model offers, some wireless users experienced fairly chronic issues, most did not. I'd love to offer the users in the minority a magic bullet but I don't have one. I suspect that if they have anything with an intel 2100 or with a prism 2 wireless chipset it's probably time to upgrade preferably with a fresh os as well...

There are particular elements of the building layout at city west that exacerbated rf planning but we rarely use venues that are free from these issues.