Re: Proposals to improve the scribe situation

2008-08-04 06:27:27
On 8/4/08 3:36 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
On 3 aug 2008, at 18:26, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

3.) A minor point, but I would urge WG chairs to formally designate someone (possibly themselves) to relay questions from jabber. This seems to fall to the jabber scribe, even though it is impossible to stand at the
mike and scribe at the same time !

An extra microphone for the question relayer would also be useful. What I always try to do in this situation is sit next to the mike...

When acting a WG chair, and often as a room participant, I try to monitor Jabber for messages (and even wheen I'm scribe too; I personally like to jot down way too much, so jabber clients aren't my preferred mode for taking notes (and my fingers are also Emacs-trained ;) ).

One thought that came up this week -- a second projector showing the current Jabber chat... or even just switching to it during long Q&A sessions. This might more easily allow some of the qustioners in. Actually, it probably gives them priority over folks at the mic, so maybe it's not such a good idea.

--Matt