Re: Subscriptions to "ietf-honest"

2009-03-25 13:10:51

On 23-Mar-2009, at 14:35, Melinda Shore wrote:

I was auto-subscribed to Dean's "ietf-honest" mailing
list, and I'm unhappy about it.

As I think was mentioned a day or two ago on this list, the reasonable way I found to avoid these auto-subscriptions to ietf-honest was to block packets from the originating network. I had a very enjoyable few days following the installation of those packet filters.

However, it now seems that (a) any address I've used in the past is now fair game, and not just the addresses I'm using today, and (b) it's not just the ietf list, but working group lists too, e.g. see below. I don't have the same ability to do server-side filtering or packet blocking on other mail accounts.

I have lost my sense of humour about this. It's hard to see this as anything other than a systematic attempt to disrupt IETF activities.

I am generally capable of taking care of my own mail abuse problems, but I'm annoyed that I have to, and I'm annoyed that the pool of volunteer hours available to the IETF to get work done is being deliberately eroded by someone whose current and past behaviour, to me, seems to have little intent other than to waste peoples' time.

If there's a way for the IETF leadership, or the IETF secretariat, or some other centralised body to take some initiative here and reduce the disruption for the benefit of all those trying to get work done, I at least would appreciate it.

Joe

Begin forwarded message:

From: dnsop-honest-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)iadl(_dot_)org
Date: 25 March 2009 09:43:27 PDT
To: jabley@(redacted)

Welcome to the Dnsop-honest(_at_)lists(_dot_)iadl(_dot_)org mailing list!

This mailing list is for IETF DNSOP WG members to discuss IETF
business without improper censorship.  It does not represent the IETF
but does represent some IETF members.

This list was created by IADL.ORG (www.iadl.org) because of dishonest
filtering by the IESG.  See http://www.av8.net/IETF-watch for more
information on the corrupt activities of officials of the Internet
Society, Inc (ISOC) IETF Activity, and their connection to other
corrupt activities.

You were probably added to this list because you participated in
DNSOP(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org discussion, and that list is used to determine
consensus for ISOC IETF Activity actions. Consensus is a democratic
activity of the ISOC, which is a U.S. non-profit, tax exempt
membership corporation. ALL members of the ISOC IETF have a property
right to participate in its democratic decision processes.   [see U.S.
v. Local 560, extortion (Hobbs Act) and racketeering by mafia that
took over a Union and tried to prevent participation by those opposing
the mafia]

Email sent to this list will be forwarded to dnsop(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_)
Ordinary
IETF members should feel free to unsubscribe from this list if they
choose. IETF representatives (e.g. Working Group Chairs) have a duty
to the  corporation to read email sent to them on IETF business, and
should not try to unsubscribe.

 dnsop-honest(_at_)lists(_dot_)iadl(_dot_)org

subscription page at:

 http://lists.iadl.org/mailman/options/dnsop-honest/jabley%40ca.afilias.info

 Dnsop-honest-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)iadl(_dot_)org

You must know your password to change your options (including changing
the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.  It is:

 ovbadeig

Normally, Mailman will remind you of your lists.iadl.org mailing list
passwords once every month, although you can disable this if you
prefer.  This reminder will also include instructions on how to
unsubscribe or change your account options.  There is also a button on
your options page that will email your current password to you.