Proposal RE: Subscriptions to "ietf-honest"

2009-03-24 19:56:38
I suggest that all mail that is cross posted to Mr Andreson IETF-Honest or
whatever other spam list Mr Spammer decides to create be blocked from all IETF
lists.

That way any IETF-er who feeds the troll will not anoy the rest. And any
IETF-er who blacklists Mr Spammer and his spam lists will have an Anderson-free
experience.

Since Mr Spammer's objective here is to cause the spillover into the IETF list,
it is my expectation that he will cease this particular tactic.

________________________________

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on behalf of Von Wootten, Karl
Sent: Tue 3/24/2009 7:29 PM
To: 'Ole Jacobsen'; Dean Anderson
Cc: ietf-honest(_at_)lists(_dot_)iadl(_dot_)org; Fred Baker; 'IETF Discussion
Mailing List'
Subject: RE: Subscriptions to "ietf-honest"

Dean,
I feel that this issue has gone on Long enough It seems to me that by not
allowing people to opt out and by unsolicited subscriptions you are only
damaging your own reputation. I read what is posted to the lists I subscribe to
so that I can do my job better. Not to waste time with these silly flame wars.
Can we please put an end to this?

Karl von Wootten
System Engineer Infrastructure Services
Ph: 02 84254515