Re: [IAOC] Request for community guidance on issue concerning a future meeting of the IETF

2009-09-24 12:40:29

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

On 9/23/09 10:05 PM, Ole Jacobsen wrote:

There is absolutely NO intention or requirement to have any approval
process for agendas or materials by a third party for this (proposed)
meeting.

What do we mean by "third party" here?

I mean any government agency, the local host or even "ourselves".

As others have said, there are no absolutes or guarantees, this is
something we all know when we board airplanes for example, but an
evaluation based on the available evidence would suggest that this
issue isn't going to come up or cause problems. If someone really
wants to prove me wrong, that is another matter, but I have always
considered this community to be fairly friendly and cooperative even
if we occasionally have strong disagreements.

Ole

Our assumption, and now I really AM repeating myself, is that our
normal technical topics (including those that have "political
implications") do not fall into a category that would require review
and/or pre-approval.