Re: China blocking Wired?

2010-01-14 23:02:34
Dave CROCKER wrote:

Historically, inconsistencies from one US airport to another have been
pretty common.  It's really great fun to have a staffer at one airport
firmly instruct me on how to avoid future problems at security, with
what I carry and how I pack it, given conflicting, firm instruction that
I'll get a few months later at another airport.

Here's an example, from my personal repertoire:  How many batteries is
acceptable for you to carry?  Is it the same at every airport?  How can
yo find out the answer?

that's one of those questions you ask the DOT.

http://phmsa.dot.gov/portal/site/PHMSA/menuitem.ebdc7a8a7e39f2e55cf2031050248a0c/?vgnextoid=24e4ffc638ef6110VgnVCM1000001ecb7898RCRD&vgnextchannel=8fd9f08df5f3f010VgnVCM1000008355a8c0RCRD&vgnextfmt=print

or for that matter tsa...

http://safetravel.dot.gov/whats_new_batteries.html

it's not a secret it's not part of some wierd anti terrorist measure
which is inconsistently enforced for the purposes of obfuscation, it's
just an FAA rule.