Re:RE: On Day Passes..

2010-03-24 21:15:56

I agree with the necessary of Day Passes.

Haibin

I might be talked into agreeing with most of your points, but I am not
convinced that "if you buy a day pass, you should certainly be nomcom
eligible."

How about replacing "should certainly" with "may"?

Regards,

Ed  J.

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of
Danny McPherson
Sent: March-24-10 10:00 PM
To: The IETF
Subject: On Day Passes..

Figured I'd be the one to kick a thread off on this fascinating
topic :-)

I like the idea of day passes, it's not just about the cost of the
day pass
and all it avails, if someone is only coming to the IETF meeting
for a day
(e.g., they only want a day pass because they have a time
constraining day
job or actual fiscal constraints), then why should they be
required to pay a
fee to subsidize meeting costs for the entire week?

The work happens on the mailing lists, consensus is judged on the
mailinglist, and remote participation is encouraged as well.

And if you buy a day pass, you should certainly be nomcom eligible.

-danny