Re: On Day Passes..

2010-03-25 10:56:19
On 25.03.2010 13:36, Yoav Nir wrote:
I have to wonder about this. Unless the meeting happens to be close to home,
the travel costs are going to dominate your expenses. If you are from
California, getting to Anaheim may be cheap, but getting to Maastricht in July
is different. I tried Expedia with LAX-AMS-LAX. Cheapest I could find was $1530
for the week, and flying for a day makes it even more expensive - over $2000.

That's true, but the fact that travel costs (and away time) dominate just makes the other costs more critical. The impression is that you can't do anything about the former, but you might be able to do something about the latter.

And yes, one-day passes do not make a lot of sense for people coming from far away.

Best regards, Julian