Re: On Day Passes..

2010-03-25 09:27:17

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Yoav Nir wrote:

I have to wonder about this. Unless the meeting happens to be close to
home, the travel costs are going to dominate your expenses. If you are
from California, getting to Anaheim may be cheap, but getting to
Maastricht in July is different. I tried Expedia with LAX-AMS-LAX.
Cheapest I could find was $1530 for the week, and flying for a day makes
it even more expensive - over $2000.

But if I can justify a short vacation near Maastricht or on a triangle
fare with a cheap incremental cost, then the lower day pass approach to
attending 1 or 2 days of the IETF helps make the overall trip cost
more cost effective on a personal basis.

Dave Morris