Re: On Day Passes..

2010-03-25 06:05:45
On Thu Mar 25 10:07:55 2010, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
If the goal is to make sure that unemployed chairs, working group draft editors, and maybe even I-star members can come to IETF and contribute seriously to getting work done, maybe we should have an application procedure requesting a reduced registration price for the full week, similar to what we have for students today.

There's also the case of people who have perfectly reasonable employment, but unrelated to their IETF work. Open-source implementors are a clear case - many of them would have to be self-funded in order to attend an IETF, and that's a big commitment (I know, I did it once). I'm afraid I see a big hole in several working groups where the implementors should be, and that needs rectifying badly.

Dave.
--
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave(_at_)cridland(_dot_)net -
xmpp:dwd(_at_)dave(_dot_)cridland(_dot_)net