Re: Ad Hoc BOFs

2010-07-30 12:33:45
Yoav Nir wrote:
First is people who have an idea they want to present,
> but that idea either doesn't fit the charter of any
> particular working group (or they don't know about such a
> working group), or else said working group's schedule
> is too full with existing work.

The way that's traditionally done is with an internet draft.
The implication that there needs to be a session, with a room
and slides and humans sitting in chairs, kind of suggests that
people who want to participate in the IETF have to attend
meetings.  I can see that being the case for administrative
and organizational efforts like nomcom but question whether
that should be true for technical work.

Melinda